A friend of mine shared this GREAT article with me...Thank you Heather!
- Go to Bed Mad: "Shut up, go to bed, let your husband get some sleep. In the morning, eat some pancakes. Everything will seem better, I swear."
- Deflect a fight with laughter.
- Don't Criticize EVER: "Whatever critical thing that you are about to say to your wife is already being loudly articulated in her head. And if it's true, she already feels like crap about it."
- Be the Mirror: "Be a mirror that reflects something positive: you're smart, you're successful, you're fantastic in the sack, you're a great provider, you're the best."
- Get really good at sex.
- Make a husband pact with your friends: "I will nod and furrow my brow and sigh when you describe him as a hideous ogre. Then when your fight is over and love shines again like a beautiful sunbeam in your life, I promise to forget everything you said and regard him as the most charming of princes once more."
- Trust the person you married: "Love them completely and let them love you. If it all goes to seed, it's going to hurt either way. Better to have gone into it full throttle. Full throttle marriage is a thrilling ride."