Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Splashing the "Right" Way

As we were playing in the pool, my fun loving husband decided to make waves by splashing his arms. The kids thought it was great!

A bit later I decided to try making waves myself. I started splashing my arms, over the noise of the splashing I hear Tage telling me something. So, I stop...What? "That's not how you do it," he says with a straight face...."You have to put your hands like this."

With a confused look on my face..."Did you just correct the way I splash in the pool?"

In one simple moment I learned that instead of taking "helpful tips" as harsh critiques, I learned that my husband is simply a control freak. (he approved of me calling him that...) he he!


So, now when he tries to correct something serious, like my parenting skills...I simply think..."Ope, I must be splashing wrong."



No comments:

Post a Comment