Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Side of the Story!


My sweet husband posted "What really happened..."
Here is my side of the story!
BRING IT ON!


When He's Late:

I had put dinner in the crock pot early that morning. It had been a while since I had made dinner and as I drove home I had visions of walking in the door from a long day at work to the whole family setting the table and singing church hymns...only in my dreams!

I had talked to Tage earlier that day and he was headed over to Gma's house to mow her lawn. As I drove home I realized that he was still at Gma's and as I pulled up in anticipation for serving my family a warm meal, he told me that he was eating at Gma's. I shortly replied, "But, I made dinner." He said he would eat twice. I quickly ended the call, attempting to mask my frustration in a busy rushed tone.

I had just worked all day! I had to pick up the kids from Day Care, get them dinner, start homework, when he could've mowed Gma's lawn earlier or even yesterday!


The very next day...

When I'm Late: 

There was an opportunity to get some overtime. Tage said I should take the opportunity. So, on a Friday night I worked an extra 4 hours! I was so proud of myself for staying as long as I did. I thought I would bail after only an hour. I didn't know exactly how long finishing the project would last, so about an hour into it, I estimated to Tage that I would be about another hour and a half.

Working on a Friday night certainly is not what I would choose to do, but under our current circumstances, it was necessary and I was glad to make the sacrifice...until...

I called on my way home and the first thing I got was, "You are 30 minutes late. Why couldn't you just have finished it another day?..."

I freaked out! "Maybe you could just say, thanks for being willing to work such a long day, you must be so tired, I think you are so amazing! What would I ever do with out you?!" He said I should relax on my way home...that just made me more mad!  As if this was my problem!

I just got more and more mad on my commute home, adding every possible thing to my frustration, and the evening evolved from pure silence to an emotional conversation, to a realization that he could've freaked out on me the night before for the exact same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment